Re: Neither!

I do believe I am most likely missing your point Matt, as I cannot
figure out WHY you would be adding the trailing / to all your tags if
you are NOT wanting to convert to XHTML. I honestly don't think that
either version should validate as HTML 4.0 or 4.01 with the / included,
it's just not part of that version. I'm not sure what you are trying to
prove, but good luck digging through your DTDs....

Oh, and I found out why your meta tags are screwy.......  meta tags
be done correctly, a meta tag has a whole seperate ending tag, not just
a / added into the actual <meta> element.
They should be <meta "......info here...."> </meta> for XHTML (according
to www.w3schools.com, who's site is converted to XHTML and validates
with the w3 validator).
Here trust me.....I'm NOT trying to waste your time......this whole site
very distinctly has taken great effort to convert to XHTML and DOES use
the w3 validator to check their site, and it IS a good site to learn the
markup:
http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/attr_meta.asp
(this is JUST the page on the meta tag details)

But, if you prefer to bash your head against the wall sifting through
DTDs, well, happy bashing Matt! Good luck trying to do whatever it is
you are trying to do......validating incorrect XHTML as HTML 4.0, and
wondering what the problem is with the validator (or the DTD)....

(now I believe I'LL go dig through that DTD)

Forwarded message 1