Re: when using validator is not sensible

From: Carole Anne Gay <carole@designs.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:26:28 -0700
To: JAMESICUS@aol.com, www-validator@w3.org
CC: L.Wood@eim.surrey.ac.uk
Hi Guys,

I think you are arguing over apples and oranges.  According to the W3C DOM, the correct term is User Agent.  I believe
the reason is that the term "browser" is limiting.   There are other methods and tools that allow access to the internet,
beyond the browser, which is associated with a PC only.

Hope this helps resolve the issue. :)

Carole

8/16/01 12:09:45 PM, JAMESICUS@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 8/16/01 11:18:02 AM US Mountain Standard Time, I wrote:
>
>>  what do you mean, 'graphical'?
>
>>  > A Browser designed to display both text and images versus a Browser
>> designed
>>  > to display only text.
>
>Should read ..... versus Browsers that display only text (Text Browsers) or
>audio text reading Browsers (Speech Browsers).
>
>James Pickering
>Tucson, Arizona
>
>Tools for Web Page Authors: http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf.htm
>Practical Italic Writing: http://www.brazilcacticult.org/corsiva.htm
>Brazilian Cacti in Cultivation: http://www.brazilcacticult.org/
>Arizona Plants & Animals: http://www.brazilcacticult.org/azgallery.htm
>
>~ Validated ISO-HTML/XHTML 1.1 & CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
>~ Bobby Approved - Accessible to People with Disabilities

Carole Gay

HTML Writers Guild Online Education Instructor, HTML and Design Concepts
http://hwg.org/
Director, HTML Writers Guild Gutenberg Project
http://gutenberg.hwg.org/