Re: when using validator is not sensible

From: <JAMESICUS@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:41:42 EDT
To: www-validator@w3.org
CC: carole@designs.com
In a message dated 8/16/01 12:26:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
carole@designs.com wrote:

>  I think you are arguing over apples and oranges.  According to the W3C
DOM,
> the correct term is User Agent.  I believe
>  the reason is that the term "browser" is limiting.   There are other
methods
> and tools that allow access to the internet,
>  beyond the browser, which is associated with a PC only.
>
>  Hope this helps resolve the issue. :)

Carole:

I wasn't aware that we are arguing -- I take no stance on this -- I am only
reporting the terminology that is prevalent in the Internet community.

James Pickering
Tucson, Arizona

Tools for Web Page Authors: http://www.brazilcacticult.org/wf.htm
Practical Italic Writing: http://www.brazilcacticult.org/corsiva.htm
Brazilian Cacti in Cultivation: http://www.brazilcacticult.org/
Arizona Plants & Animals: http://www.brazilcacticult.org/azgallery.htm

~ Validated ISO-HTML/XHTML 1.1 & CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
~ Bobby Approved - Accessible to People with Disabilities