Re: bad forward link

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:02:33 +0200
To: "Christopher M. Glenn, Ph.D." <cglenn@glennresearch.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
On 23.04.01 at 14:31, Christopher M. Glenn, Ph.D.
<cglenn@glennresearch.com> wrote:

>Not sure how to describe where I was, but basically, validator said I had
>put <body> in wrong place, but when I clicked on explalation, I WAS SENT
>TO THE VERY WRONG PAGE.
>
>I ended up in something about FOO (not defined at the top of the page or
>where in the middle I was sent).  Not a word about proper placement and
>nesting of <body>

The string "FOO" is used internally as a placeholder where we have not yet
added an explanation. If you can give us a sample page (URL) that exhibits
this problem we'll attempt to remedy the situation as soon as possible.

If the page is not accesible to the Internet, please attach the HTML file
to an email and send it to me (or straigth to the www-validator@w3.org if
the file is small). If you for some reason cannot send the file (it
contains confidential information and you cannot reduce it to a minimal
repeatable test case), cut and paste the error message the Validator gave
you and send it to the list.

>Such a wrong link is very frustrating, as the URL was not something the
>page described, so I can't even find it manually.

Agreed, and adding explanations for all errors is a priority.