Re: Page Valet

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:29:13 +0100 (BST)
To: Glenn Kusardi <gk@projektmedien.de>
cc: www-validator@w3.org
On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Glenn Kusardi wrote:

> So some people want to start a 'translation'-project now.

I'd be interested in that.  I'm sure the folks responsible for the
other validators will be interested too, so I'm copying this to
the w3c-validator mailing list, where people will see it.

> As one of the most important tools, i tried to translate the
> validator. I'm using the W3C script (as you do) and nsgmls for parsing
> the SGML docs (sp-1.3.4.tar.gz).

We are actually using a modified version of SP.  This includes some
changes to ParserMessages made by Liam Quinn, and available at
http://www.htmlhelp.org/tools/validator/.  You can use either
version as a starting point.

However, one development I want to make (if I can ever find the time)
is proper multilingual support in SP - so a single version will support
ParserMessages.[en|de|fr|it|etc] as and when a translation is available.

> I found the *.msg files in ./lib/
>
> Tried to translate some errors in ParserMessages.msg but that didn't
> work out. I guess I have to use msggen.pl in some way. But './msggen.pl
> lib/ParserMessages.msg' didn't work (:4 too few lines or something
> like that).

Did you just change the messages, or anything else?

What happens if you just run make?

--
Nick Kew