Re: several fixes

On 18.04.01 at 01:00, Brian Gilkison <gilkison@one.net> wrote:

>*SIGH* OK, this is one of those cases of looking back at code I know I
>wrote (well, modified, anyway) and having *ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA* why I did
>that...

Weeee... Deja Vu! :-)

>Possibly, the thought went that it might be useful to still have some
>references pointing to the W3C Validator (links, perhaps?) while allowing
>images to be served locally

Right. The image url used to be separate from the service uri and it might
make sense to use the service uri to point to various and sundry stuff at
W3C even if you have everything else locally.

All that code needs a thorough rewrite so I'll defer the issue until then.
It looks reasonably sane to me as it is so adding this separation now seems
to just complicate matters for no real gain.