Re: Capitals for XHTML 4.1 validation ??

* Onne Gorter wrote:
>I tried to write perfect XHTML pages, but the validator started nagging
>about text inside the <hr/> element.

Text inside hr is illegal, hr has content modell: EMPTY.

>Problem was solved after removing the trailing slash.

Are you sure, you've selected the correct document type declaration for
validation?

>Furthermore, I used inline frames and the validator reported
>an error about scr="URL" element was not allowed, but the validator wants
>SRC="URL" BUT THIS IS NOT CORRECT !

scr is illegal, src is correct.

>It should all be lower cased words.. but
>all the examples on the validator website are capitals ? Why, XHTML
>explicitly wants lower cased words not capitals !!

Hm, I don't get your problem, what about an URI?
--
Björn Höhrmann | mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de | http://www.bjoernsworld.de
am Badedeich 7 | Telefon: +49(0)4667/981028 | http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de