Capitals for XHTML 4.1 validation ??

From: Onne Gorter <o.gorter@student.utwente.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:31:06 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi,
I tried to write perfect XHTML pages, but the validator started nagging
about text inside the <hr/> element. Problem was solved after removing the
trailing slash. Furthermore, I used inline frames and the validator reported
an error about scr="URL" element was not allowed, but the validator wants
SRC="URL" BUT THIS IS NOT CORRECT ! It should all be lower cased words.. but
all the examples on the validator website are capitals ? Why, XHTML
explicitly wants lower cased words not capitals !!

hopefully I am not wrong.

Feel free to email me back.

greetz Onne Gorter (Netherlands)