HTML Strict.DTD

From: Gallaher, Duane <DGCM300@dshs.wa.gov>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:16:34 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'site-comments@w3.org'" <site-comments@w3.org>
Hello,
	I've been working on getting our web-pages and CSS files to meet the
W3C 'Strict.DTD' standard. This has lead to many questions and issues that
you have been quite able and willing to resolve (Thank you very much!).

	The first web-pages we checked (and corrected until we got it
right!) were all coded using WINEDIT and it was very easy to change from
HTML to XHTML since we coded the pages by hand.

	Checking pages that were created using visual tools (FrontPage,
DreamWeaver UtraDev 4.0) is a different story!

	My question is, are Visual tool designers involved with or
supportive of standardizing HTML?

	I'd like to see articles and discussions in the future on visual
design tools and adhering to transitional or strict DTD.

Thanks for all the help in the past and for the help I'm sure you'll provide
in the future!

that Duane Dude
Data Extraction and Analysis
360-902-8028