Re: XHTML: Important Problem

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:58:30 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
On 30.09.00 at 04:18, Samuel Hocevar <sam@via.ecp.fr> wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 24, 2000, Luke Flesch wrote:
>> fact - the minimal XHTML file listed in the W3C XHTML 1.0 Specification
>> DOES NOT VALIDATE.
>
>   Did you verify the file when you put it online ? I put online it at
>http://zoy.org/~sam/mini.html, and the validator told me there were no
>errors:

IIRC, and my memory is a bit fuzzy on this point, it's a bug in the
validator when an XHTML file is served as one of the XML MIME types instead
of as text/html. This means if you call the file foo.html it validates; but
if you call it foo.xhtml or foo.xml it won't. I posted a fix for this a
while back IIRC.

--
As a cat owner, I know this for a fact...
Nothing says "I love you" like a decapitated gopher on your front porch.