Re: re-testing "fixed" file?

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 22:24:25 +0200
To: "William Loughborough" <love26@gorge.net>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
* "William Loughborough" <love26@gorge.net> wrote:
| So I try to validate a page and get an error notification, fix it and am
| unable to try the corrected version because it apparently caches the
| original report?

This must be a problem on your side, e.g. there works a HTTP acceleration
proxy in front of your website. The Validator doesn't use any proxy, if i've
not missed something significant.

But, i think a "Cache-Control: no-cache" should be sent by the validator, to
ensure there aren't any problems (or the same thing in HTTP/1.0 syntax, since
the used LWP version is a HTTP/1.0 client).

regards,
--
Björn Höhrmann ^ mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de ^ http://www.bjoernsworld.de
am Badedeich 7 ° Telefon: +49(0)4667/981ASK ° http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de