Re: UTF-8 with Unicode line separator and BOM

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:38:21 +0200
To: Christian Ottosson <christian.ottosson@kurir.net>
cc: plh@w3.org, www-validator@w3.org
On 16.10.00 at 15:22, Christian Ottosson <christian.ottosson@kurir.net>
wrote:

>At least the Unicode line (and paragraph) separators should be
>recognized as "white space", I think, shouldn't they? Do you
>recommend the use of the BOM, as a UTF-8 signature, or should it be
>omitted?

I'm looking into why the HTML Validator croaks on this, but as a practical
matter my impression is that browser support for UNICODE is a bit flaky so
it might be more prudent to not use the more esoteric features at the
moment.

Can you leave those files on the server for a while so I gave something to
test against? Or send them to me in email (off-list) if you need to take
them down?

--
As a cat owner, I know this for a fact...
Nothing says "I love you" like a decapitated gopher on your front porch.