Re: URL with & - Question

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000, Jim MacGregor wrote:
> I received a URL from a web service vendor that contains an & in it.
>
> Question: Should the author of a page be allowed to display the Valid
> HTML logo from the W3C if this is the only reason for not validating?

   I see no problem with the URL containing `&' and I can't understand
why this would lead to invalidation of the page it points to. However,
if you include the URL in an HTML page, for instance in a link, you'll
have to encode `&'s in it with `&'s.

Regards,
Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam@zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \