Re: validation button in your web browser

From: <JAMESICUS@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 17:14:45 EST
To: www-validator@w3.org
In a message dated 3/10/00 10:38:08 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Jos.vandenOever@fenk.wag-ur.nl wrote:

> Having a validation button on your browser significantly lowers the
> threshhold for people to check their HTML.
>
>  With javascript it's easy to make a HTML validation button that uses the
w3
> validator. Instructions are here:
>  http://www.fenk.wau.nl/~oever/www/htmlvalidation.html
>
>  It probably a good idea to encourage people to make such a button in their
> browser.

To this end, I personally always affix the W3C validation logos (currently
XHTML 1.0 and CSS) to all my web pages and make the ones on my web site (s)
home pages clickable for access.

In addition, I have included links of this nature to the XML Validator
(XML.com), two Lynx (text only) viewers and BOBBY (accessibility) checker
facilities on the mini-web site accompanying my signature block.

James Pickering
Tucson, Arizona
jamesicus@aol.com

Tools and Information for producing well-formed Web Pages
http://members.aol.com/jamesicus/wf.htm