Image Tags

From: Seamus Venasse <Seamus.Venasse@polaris.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:06:50 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
When I use the HTML Validation Service and submit my URL, I get an error
stating that there is no attribute for the "img" element called "name".
Yet, when I refer to the document type definition at
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd, the "img" element has the "name"
attribute as a useable attribute.  I even placed my use of the tags in the
order in which they are described in the above DTD, but your Validation
Service still reports an error with that attribute.  The Validation Service
does recognise that I am using the proper DTD, so is the problem in my HTML
code, or is it something that is missing in the Validation Service?

Thanks,
Seamus Venasse
Polaris Computing
Seamus.Venasse@polaris.ca