installing the validator

From: Jean Delvare <khali@hexanet.fr>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:42:58 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
(note I'm not in the maling list - add my adress, khali@hexanet.fr, if
you want me to read you)

I just gave a try to the html validator and have it working :)
There were some things that I had to change, and I think everybody will
do the same.

1* Rename check to check.pl. I don't know how to let Apache execute
extensionless files.
2* Have check called as /cgi-bin/check.pl instead of /check, because it
would require to allow cgi-execution in the documentroot.

Don't you think this sould be the default ?

Anyway the validator will be of so precious help while developping my
sites, thanks, thanks a lot :))

--
        Jean "Khali" Delvare
                                         mail: khali@hexanet.fr