Re: W3C Link Checker:

From: Jim Correia <correia@barebones.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:14:02 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org
cc: andre_lawrence@silanis.com
On 12:17 PM 7/24/00 "Lawrence, Andr" <andre_lawrence@silanis.com>
wrote:

> How can I exclude some of the folder of my website to be
> validate/checked? My point is if I have some folder that I don't want
> some users to see (because they are restricted area) anybody can use
> you services and see them

Don't make public links to them.  If the validator or link checker can
"see" the links to these "private" areas, then ordinary people can see
them too.  If the areas are private, don't offer public links to them,
or realm protect that portion of the web site.

How can you expect an area of your site to remain restricted if you
offer a public link?

--
Jim Correia                                Bare Bones Software, Inc.
correia@barebones.com                     <http://web.barebones.com>