Re: Validator errors

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 06:54:19 +0900
To: vidiot@vidiot.com
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Vidiot <vidiot@vidiot.com> wrote:

		(snip)
> There are tons of errors listed for the page, many of them valid.
> Many of them not.  I have no trust in the validator at all.

In order to validate that page, the validator need to know in which
document type that page is written - in other words, that page need
to have an appropriate DOCTYPE declaration at the top.

Otherwise, the validator cannot perform validation, and it assumed
that it's an XML document and checked that document for XML
well-formedness.  That's why you've got tons or errors.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium