Re: Possible bug: fetch external DTD; Validator does not send Host: HTTP-header

On 12.01.00 at 06:36, Peter Brodersen <peter@plys.net> wrote:

>> <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML
>> 1.1//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
>
>> Error: could not get "/DTD/wml_1.1.xml" from "www.wapforum.org" (reason
>> given was "Host Header Required")
>
>No comments? Hmmm...
>
>Is it anywhere mentioned in the SGML-specifications (regarding the use of
>!DOCTYPE) whether an URI should be reachable at the IP-address (and not
>just as a virtual host)? Or *is* it a bug that the validator doesn't make
>a HTTP/1.1-request?

It's a bug. I'm fixing it. Patch follows. :-)

And the slightly less "Haiku" version: :-)

AFAIK, the Host field is a mandatory part of a HTTP header; in 1.1 at
least, but I think it was de facto, if not de jure, in 1.0 too. I have it
down as a bug, but I haven't gotten around to looking at it yet. I'm hoping
to get something done this weekend (but don't hold me to that ;D) and I'll
let y'all know what I come up with.