Problems with the parser and the DIV element

From: Raphael Giromini <raph@giromini.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:31:21 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Few months ago, I validated the following page :

Yesturday, I tried to validate it again, and, as you can see here :
the validator refuse to validate my page because the attribut ALIGN don't
exist with the element DIV in HTML 4.01 - strict.

But, as far as I can read, here :
I can have an attribute ALIGN with the element DIV.

Moreover, the Validator tells me tha there is no attibut WIDTH with the
element TD, and the HTML 4.01 DTD says, here :

And the funniest thing: there is an error in the code you gave me, when I
checked my pages few months ago ! :o)

Is it a bug of the Validator parser, or did I do something wrong ?