Re: Validating XML on the Validator - Logo please?

From: Sean Palmer <wapdesign@wapdesign.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:20:23 +0100
To: "Terje Bless" <link@tss.no>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
> >Nothing! The URI I gave was just an example. Actually,
> >I don't think it was Schema valid, but it was XML valid.
> >Try http://xhtml.waptechinfo.com/utilcomment.html instead.
>
> That's a dump of Dan's original page. Unlike your provided example, this
> page validates. Is that in any way significant?
Well, yes; it points out that the validator doesn't validate the Schema.

> >Anyway, can we have a logo for XML valid documents?
>
> I may have misunderstood what you wanted. Are you simply asking for a
> "Valid XML 1.0" badge? Or does this have something to do with the
> "comment" Schema? If it's the former, Gerald will have to answer -- see
> http://validator.w3.org/images/vxml10.gif *shrug* dunno why it's not
> being used! -- if it's the latter then I'm not getting it, could you
> explain a little more?
Read the original message more carefully. I'm just asking for:-
The XML logo to be displayed when we validate our XML pages
Some cross over between the validator and XSV
and this:-
What exactly is the status of the Validator at w3.org - will you be able to
validate XHTML Families on it once modularization come into effect? This is
a big problem you guys are going to have to tackle!
cf http://xhtml.waptechinfo.com/extxhtml/, http://xhtml.waptechinfo.com/exp/

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
President and Founder