PNG version of vxhtml10.gif

From: James Ralston <qralston+ml.www-validator@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:40:07 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
I noticed that:

...did not contain an alpha channel, to make the vertical stripe
occupied by the tip of the check mark transparent.

I re-made vxhtml10.png, adding an alpha channel.  The alpha channel
correctly follows the contours of the check mark.

A small thing, I know, but I have many web pages that don't use white
as their background color, and the lack of alpha blending bugged me.

The sizes of the files are miniscule, so I've included the files in
this message.

James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute

the base PNG (without the alpha channel)
(IMAGE/png attachment: vxhtml10-base.png)

the alpha channel
(IMAGE/png attachment: vxhtml10-alpha.png)

the final PNG (base + alpha channel)
(IMAGE/png attachment: vxhtml10.png)