PNG version of vxhtml10.gif

From: James Ralston <qralston+ml.www-validator@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:40:07 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
I noticed that:

    http://validator.w3.org/images/vxhtml10.png

...did not contain an alpha channel, to make the vertical stripe
occupied by the tip of the check mark transparent.

I re-made vxhtml10.png, adding an alpha channel.  The alpha channel
correctly follows the contours of the check mark.

A small thing, I know, but I have many web pages that don't use white
as their background color, and the lack of alpha blending bugged me.
;)

The sizes of the files are miniscule, so I've included the files in
this message.

Enjoy,

--
James Ralston, Information Technology
Software Engineering Institute

the base PNG (without the alpha channel)
(IMAGE/png attachment: vxhtml10-base.png)

the alpha channel
(IMAGE/png attachment: vxhtml10-alpha.png)

the final PNG (base + alpha channel)
(IMAGE/png attachment: vxhtml10.png)