Re: CDATA in elements and attributes

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:46:32 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: TimP <tim@paneris.co.uk>
On 12.04.00 at 14:51, TimP <tim@paneris.co.uk> wrote:

>[The] suggestion on the site is that we get all of [the] web changed to a
>new cgi-bin standard, which ain't gonna happen :)

Nope, you merely need to properly encode ampersands in href attributes on A
elements. Do a global search for "&" in URLs and replace them with "&amp;".
None of your CGI scripts need to be modified, only the calling HTML. This
works perfectly in all browsers except possibly some older versions of
Amaya (W3C testbed browser).