W3C HTML Validator graphic

From: Carl S Zimmerman <csz@intecnet.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 20:13:27 -0500 (EST)
To: www-validator@w3.org
When the W3C HTML Validator Service determines that a page is
compliant with HTML 2.0, it offers a graphic named "vh20" to
be used as a compliance certification on the inspected page.
Following the suggested usage of putting this graphic file on
my own Website, I discovered that it could not be reliably
found by Netscape 3.01 (Mac) when in the same directory on my
local disk, and could not be found at all when placed on the
Website which I support.

After renaming the file to "vh20.gif", and changing the
affected HTML accordingly, everything worked perfectly.

I suggest that "vh20" be renamed "vh20.gif" on the W3C
Website, or else that instructions be added as to when users
might need to do this when placing the file on their own
Websites.

--
Carl Scott Zimmerman        Assistant Webmaster:  http://www.gcna.org/
Voicemail: +1-314-361-5194 (home)              mailto:csz@intecnet.net