RE: Abuse of the W3 Logo

From: B. Szyszka <bart@gigabee.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:18:27 -0400
To: "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn@idyllmtn.com>, "Michael Gade" <michael@mgade.dk>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
> No, they'll lose confidence in the companies that are lying.  There's
> no way the W3C can _police_ for abuse, nor can they issue lawsuits
> or the like to force compliance.
Well the W3C's button is their property, isn't it? I think they have a
right to defend the use of that property, although legal action would
be doubtful (well with what they charge for membership, <g>, they
should have enough money to handle the legal fees). Using the button
in that kind of dishonest way degenerates its value too.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx  http://www.bgrafyx.com