Re: OK to display W3C logo based on 3'rd party validator?

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 02:21:56 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
On 22.09.99 at 18:33, Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com> wrote:

>Since the WDG validator is open source, the W3C (or anyone else) can use
>it without giving me anything (though I probably would not refuse large
>monetary gifts ;)).

Actually, I've been considering doing just that. Use the code, that is. I'm
afraid there will be no large monetary gifts from me any time soon. :-)

I haven't really given the WDG code a serious review, but since it
implements many features I need, I thought it'd be a good idea to steal a
few ideas, if not code, from there. What kind of license /is/ it under?
Will I run into problems if I integrate it into other products?
Specifically, I'm currently fiddling with the W3C Validator, and submitting
patches back to them as I go along. Will I (or the W3C, for that matter!)
be bumping into any problems there?