Re: OK to display W3C logo based on 3'rd party validator?

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 23:38:52 -0500
To: Uriel Wittenberg <uw@urielw.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
At 12:19 a.m. 09/22/99 -0400, Uriel Wittenberg wrote:
>You mean, if I know it's valid I can display the W3C logo without bothering
>with the validators?

Well, I'd say so.  I mean, if it's not valid, it won't pass the
validators, will it?

When I write some pages, I don't bother to validate them before
putting the logo on -- I know that my templates are valid, and the
content I code is most likely valid, so I don't test each one before
posting in some cases.  I mean, I'm not going to go wrong adding
<P>s in or whatever usually, so why bother?

The risk of this carelessness, of course, is that someone will later
discover I left off the closing tag for a STRONG element or something,
and my code isn't valid, and they'll write to me and laugh at me.  So
my laziness is dangerous in that sense.  But I don't think you HAVE
to validate a page before putting the W3C logo on -- you just
SHOULD.

Catch the web accessibility meme!                   http://aware.hwg.org/