Re: FW: A new question for the RDF FAQ

On 11.09.99 at 07:19, Chris Kreussling <xris@panix.com> wrote:

>RDF information in the HEAD section breaks HTML 4.0 Transitional
>validation. Is this expected?

I'm not sure I'd call it "expected" exactly, but it is accurate. No HTML
DTD up to and including HTML 4.0.1 and XHTML 1.0 include an element by the
name of "RDF" or "rdf". Since RDF is built on top of XML this is to be
expected.

If you want to use RDF you'll have to switch to XML or wait for the next
revision of XHTML. If you simply want to use the Dublin Core metadata
framework, you'll be equally well off using HTML 4.0 Strict's META and LINK
elements with appropriate attributes.

--
*** I just switched to a new email client.
*** If you see any format problems in this message, yell. Loudly! :-)

                                             -link