Link Checker

From: Michael Hannon <MHannon@about.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:43:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>
We are currently seeking a program that can scan directories checking
thousands of links and can generate a report of any failed links.  I need
the program to be automated to scan through different directories and
generating a report for that top directory and moving on to the next and
continuing... as an example... it would first look in the TEST 1 SITE
directory... check all html pages in that directory as well as any sub
directories that it may include.  Once it has reached the bottom of that
TEST 1 SITE directory it would generate a report for that directory and then
move to the TEST 2 SITE directory and continue the process. I need to have
this process automated entirely.  We currently have over 600 sites that
would need to be checked on a weekly basis and have a link failure report
written for each one.  Please let me know if you have a product of this kind
or can produce one at a cost.

Thank you,

Michael Hannon
Manager of Technical Support
About.com
The Leading Network of Niche Vertical Sites.
http://About.com
220 E. 42nd Street, 1st Floor
New York, NY 10017
Direct: 212-413-8027