Re: Bug: at W3C HTML Validation Service

From: Terje Bless (
Date: Wed, Sep 29 1999

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:21:02 +0200
From: Terje Bless <>
To: Ole Moller <>
cc: W3C Validator <>
Subject: Re: Bug: at W3C HTML Validation Service

On 29.09.99 at 05:11, Ole Moller <> wrote:

>1) I was one </td> short at a moment but the validator didnt complain.

End tag for TD is optional. You are implicitly closing it.

>2) The validator says "tag not allowed here missing one of <object> ..."
>when I open a form without closing my font-tag first.

The FORM element cannot be contained in a FONT element IIRC.

It's possible the validator could/should be improved to handle the
situation better, but the above to errors are "correct" AFAIK, so the reply
is "don't do that then". :-)

Can anyone think of a better way to report these things?