Re: ALT-Texts in Outline

From: Terje Bless (
Date: Wed, Sep 15 1999

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 06:53:22 +0200
From: Terje Bless <>
To: W3C Validator <>
Subject: Re: ALT-Texts in Outline

On 14.09.99 at 13:12, Otto Stolz <> wrote:

>Every now and then, there are reasons to include an IMG in a header line
>[...] In these cases, the Outline option of the validator yields
>incomplete, occasionally even misleading, information [...]
>I suggest that the ALT text of any images contained in the headers be
>included (with the plain text) in the outline [...]

Good idea! It even looks as if a somewhat minimalist implementation of this
won't be very hard to do. Dealing with, possibly multiple, IMGs that aren't
in the beginning of the heading will be a bit more work, but should be

/me folds up his sleeves and starts coding... :-)

*** I just switched to a new email client.
*** If you see any format problems in this message, yell. Loudly! :-)