Re: This link seems to crash validator

From: Liam Quinn (
Date: Mon, Sep 13 1999

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:00:02 -0400
From: Liam Quinn <>
To: Robert Carnegie <>
CC: "''" <>
Subject: Re: This link seems to crash validator

Robert Carnegie wrote:
> I'm not joining - I just thought I should tell someone:
> isn't replying to me about the TeX page
> .  The validator just hangs, or
> returns no content.

I'm not sure why the W3C Validator would give you problems, but you can
also use the WDG HTML Validator
<> or A Real Validator for
Windows <>.  All three validators share the
same core parser so they share the same level of accuracy.

> gives the TeX page full marks for
> everything except for search engine compatibility and, er, spelling -
> because TeX and TtH aren't real words, maybe.

Web Site Garage is a different kind of checker from true validators.
You really need to be skeptical with anything that it says; see
<> for details.

Liam Quinn
A Real Validator for Windows,
Web Design Group,