Re: bug report

From: Terje Bless (
Date: Fri, Sep 10 1999

Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:32:06 +0200
From: Terje Bless <>
To: Jeff Mendenhall <>
Subject: Re: bug report

On 08.09.99 at 22:13, Jeff Mendenhall <> wrote:

>When validating an XHMTL document, the SHOW OUTLINE option doesn't show

I'm on slightly shaky ground here, but as far as I can tell this is a bug
in the validator. It's looking for the /Generic/ /Identifier/ for the
various headings which for HTML is uppercase, but which in XHTML is
lowercase. I'll whip up a patch for this ASAP, but if Gerald happens to be
awake (I dunno what timezone he's in) and reading mail, the fix is simply
to tack on a "i" at the end of the regex that's looking for "/^\(H[1-6]$/"
so it becomes "/^\(H[1-6]$/i" instead (case insensitive).

HTH -link

*** I just switched to a new email client.
*** If you see any format problems in this message, yell. Loudly! :-)