Re: The validator and XML standalone tags

From: Max Berger (mage@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de)
Date: Mon, Sep 06 1999

Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:19:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: Max Berger <mage@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>
To: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
cc: www-validator@w3.org
Subject: Re: The validator and XML standalone tags

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Liam Quinn wrote:
> Max Berger wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to convert my html 4.0 transitional document to valid xml.
> > All I need to do so is add an extra <?xml ...?> tag. And the appropriate
> > ending tags. e.g
> >
> > <hr>
> > <hr />   ( <hr/> won't work on netscape )
> >
> > so far, so good, and the document still validates. Except for my
> > style-sheet:
> > <head>
> >   <link ref="stylesheet" href="/~mage/personal.css" type="text/css" />
> > </head>
> >
> > What is so different about the <link>  tag that i can't use the / ???

> You have "ref" as the attribute instead of "rel". You're also missing
> the required title element in the head.

Sorry, this was a spelling mistake. I do have rel, and i do have a title
element, i just left it out for my example

this thing I am curius about is the / at the end of the tag

Max Berger
e-mail: max.berger@phobos.fs.tum.de

-- ACPI4Linux project: http://phobos.fs.tum.de/acpi/
-- Plees doont mind se spelink misstakss
-- PGP-Key fingerprint: 9C F7 7B 60 36 71 BB 18  D5 11 00 85 48 32 30 BB
-- PGP-Key can be found at ftp://phobos.fs.tum.de/pub/pgp/max.berger.asc