Re: EN and FR

From: Kynn Bartlett (
Date: Tue, Jul 27 1999

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:41:18 -0700
From: Kynn Bartlett <>
Subject: Re: EN and FR

I wrote:
> To identify the language of the document itself, you would want
> to use the LANG attribute, which can be used on most elements;
> I suggest:
>  <!DOCTYPE as above>

Odd.  My dumb email program seems to regard an HTML element as the
start of a block of html text.  At least, it's invisible on mine.

What I meant to write was:

   HTML LANG="fr"

...inside angle brackets, of course. :)  I think I might have
mistakenly written LANG="en" in my original example, which of course
is not helpful to you!

Kynn Bartlett  <>
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain Internet
Catch the Web Accessibility Meme!
Next Online Course starts August 2
"Pissing off comic book fans isn't a business problem, it's a sport." -NK