Re: HR 40 DTD Problem with <HR>?

From: Kevin Berkheiser <KBerk@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:41:57 -0500 (EST)
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
I was under the impression that strict meant that only items that were not
"depreciated" would validate.

My problem has been with framed pages.  If I try to put the target attribute
in a strict document, the validator complains.  I actually had to use
JavaScript to open a new window just so I could validate strict.  Seems like
a waste when the target command is so much easier.   Target is perfectly
valid in frameset and even transitional documents.  What is the solution for
strict HTML 4?

BGCOLOR has been depreciated, so I have been having fun pulling that element
out and using CSS .  Can't wait for the 5.0 browsers.

Kevin Berkheiser

Sea_Marble.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Sea_Marble.jpg)