RE: remarks into CSS-validator

From: Douglas Perreault CPA CITP <doug@perreault.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 19:22:51 -0500
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Arthur,

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Since no one else has responded as
far as I can tell, I'm assuming others are also unsure.

If you're asking why you cannot use <!-- and --> for comments in CSS it's
because those are HTML comments, not CSS comments. CSS comments are created
using the /* and */ delimiters. CSS and HTML are two different languages
each with their own syntax. HTML uses <!-- and -->, CSS uses /* and */.
JavaScript can use either two slashes on each line or the same as CSS for
multi-line. VB Script uses an apostrophe. Each has its own comment delimiter
and they are not interchangeable.

If that's NOT what you're asking, please rephrase your question.

Thanks.

--Doug