Re: pointer-events

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:07:49 +0200
To: Marco Schaub <marco_schaub@bluewin.ch>
CC: www-validator-css@w3.org
2012-11-20 15:07, Marco Schaub kirjoitti:

> I just checked my page redseen.3owl.com with the css validator.
>
> I got this error:
[...]
> Property pointer-events doesn't exist : none
>
> Why is this shown as an error?

Because no CSS specifications currently define the pointer-events
property. It is defined in SVG 1.1, but the use of pointer-events in CSS
for non-SVG elements is experimental. The feature used to be part of the
CSS3 UI draft specification but, due to many open issues, has been
postponed to CSS4.

The W3C CSS Validator generally checks, in CSS3 mode, against a vague
collection of documents, consisting of CSS 2.1 and selected "CSS3
specifications", excluding many that are still at Working Draft level -
and pointer-events isn't currently defined even at WD level (or even in
an Editor's Draft, as far as I can see).

> The option pointer-events actually works in my css style. Is this a not
> fully approved function yet?

It isn't.

Yucca