Re: Vendor-specific extensions: warnings, not errors

From: olivier Thereaux <olivier@thereaux.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:06:46 -0400
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
To: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>

On 2010-09-22, at 1:11 AM, Jens O. Meiert wrote:

>> Why wouldn’t a warning, clearly stating that “vendor-specific
>> extensions got found and have only been checked for syntactic
>> correctness”, mean a viable alternative?
>
> CSS validator team, is there a chance to comment?

Jens, I suspect that you're not being ignored, rather there's not much of a CSS validator team at the moment. I see hardly any commit recently on either http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/css-validator/ (or http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/css-val/ for that matter).

That said, I do think your idea has merit, and the lact of disagreement from anyone on the list sounds like tacit agreement to me at this point. I think the idea may have more chances of being adopted if you manage to submit a patch, and find someone (probably on public-qa-dev?) to review it.

--
olivier - who may or may not have commit rights any more