RE: no stylesheet found

From: Douglas Perreault CPA* CITP <doug@perreault.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:15:09 -0500
To: "'Yvonne Janssen'" <yvonnejanssen@weezenhof.com>, <www-validator-css@w3.org>

I will second David Dorward's suggestion. Your page has no stylesheet unless
you have JavaScript available. I suspect the validator does not read

To revise your page, remove the  lines:

<script type="text/Javascript" src="browsersniffer.js">

and replace with:

<!--[if IE]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"

<![if !IE]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"

You can then delete the file browsersniffer.js (assuming you haven't used it
anywhere else.

Notice that I said "revise" but not "correct" your page. David's steps will
serve you better overall. Microsoft is about to release IE 8 and it will be
more standards compliant than IE 6 or 7. With that in mind, you may find
your site looks better in IE 8 using the stylesheet you currently have set
as "style_otherbrowser.css"