Re: W3C timeouts

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Katherine SL wrote:

> Does the validator run on Mac OS X?

It does (I use OSX)

> I discovered an earlier entry in this list that referred to the development
> version of the validator at http://qa-dev.w3.org:8001/css-validator/
>
> That one works for my site but the one on jigsaw doesn't.

Yes, the one on qa-dev has lots of bug fixes in it, including for things
that appears as time outs, but in fact are not. (it's related to an
internal timeout in the system, not a timeout to process the request
itself).

The plan is to update the production validator at
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ but we need to polish a few things
before doing so.
In the meantime, please use http://qa-dev.w3.org:8001/css-validator/ to
analyze your site (but it is a slow machine).
Cheers,

         ~~Yves