Re: CSS cannot handle inlined files

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@artbeat.me>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:54:49 -0400
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
To: Tonu Samuel <tonu@jes.ee>
Hi Tonu,

On 5-Apr-09, at 7:21 AM, Tonu Samuel wrote:

> CSS validator cries like hell on inlined files.
>
> http://pligg.jes.ee/default.css does not validate at all. I think it
> is
> a missing feature.

I think this may be a bug indeed. The CSS validator does not seem to
understand the data: url format, and I do not see any mention in the
spec against using those. I suggest you could add a bug report in
bugzilla, so that the developers of the validator can track the issue.

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=CSSValidator

regards,
--
olivier Thereaux