RE: line numbers as links in warning messages?

From: C R Ritson <C.R.Ritson@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:36:06 +0100
To: "www-validator-css@w3.org" <www-validator-css@w3.org>

> From: olivier Thereaux
> Subject: Re: line numbers as links in warning messages?
>
> Yes, that would make sense if the full code at the bottom was a direct
> copy of the existing stylesheet, but in fact, it is a concatenation
> and cleanup of all the styles found inline, in imported sheets, etc.
> The cleanup is fairly useful, but it also means that lines in the
> output and in the input are no longer related at all.

I have found that feature very useful when wondering how some particular feature of a web page related to its CSS - validate it and you get a good listing...

Chris Ritson (Computing Officer and School Safety Officer)

Room 707, Claremont Tower,        EMAIL: C.R.Ritson@ncl.ac.uk
School of Computing Science,      PHONE: +44 191 222 8175
Newcastle University,             FAX  : +44 191 222 8232
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK NE1 7RU.  WEB  : http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/