Re: line numbers as links in warning messages?

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:31:04 -0400
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
To: Anthony Ettinger <ettinger@gmail.com>

Hi Anthony,

On 10-Sep-08, at 4:43 PM, Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> I think the line numbers next to the warning messages should jump down
> to their appropriate line number in the full code at the bottom.

Yes, that would make sense if the full code at the bottom was a direct
copy of the existing stylesheet, but in fact, it is a concatenation
and cleanup of all the styles found inline, in imported sheets, etc.
The cleanup is fairly useful, but it also means that lines in the
output and in the input are no longer related at all.