Re: Problem with element selectors having unicode characters

Hello Radu,

On 26-May-08, at 8:45 AM, Radu Coravu wrote:
> The CSSParser.jj file declares at line 417 NONASCII as
> ["\200"-"\377"] That does not comprise the whole UNICODE range.
> It should be something like: ~["\000"-"\177"] This means all non-
> ASCII.
> I attached 2 sample files. The CSS contains a Japanese character in
> a selector and is marked as invalid by you but a browser has no
> problems matching the CSS selector to the element name.

I can not in confidence comment on the issue and proposed patch, and
the person most apt to review the patch is away for a few days - but
if all is in bugzilla, I can make sure that the bug report and patch
get his attention when he returns.

Could you add the bug report (and attach your test cases, and proposed
patch) to the bugzilla tracker?
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=CSSValidator

Thank you!
--