Re: Validation

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:29:52 +0900
Cc: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
To: Léo AMAR <leocomputer@free.fr>

Hi Leo,

On Sep 15, 2007, at 04:22 , Léo AMAR wrote:

> I've already ratified my XHTML code on http://validator.w3.org/ et
> once there were no more mistakes, it gave me what I had to put on
> my website to display the logo, but on this website http://
> jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ it doesn't tell me I'm allowed to use
> the logo.

The icon code is only given when someone checks an HTML page
including CSS, and not when the document checked is CSS only, so as
to avoid, for instance, having  some people add bits of HTML in a CSS
style sheet, and later complain.

> Then, I did other alterations, and I have no mistakes, only
> warnings : are they taken into account ?

Errors reported by the validator show things that will probably not
work, because of a typo, a bad  or a proprietary construct.
Warnings on the other hand are potential issues, and should be fixed
at the author's discretion, if they are deemed applicable.

Regards,