From: Andreas Prilop [mailto:AndreasPrilop2007@trashmail.net]
Sent: 26. juni 2007 17:46
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Cc: Jan Eliasen
Subject: Re: BOM

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Jan Eliasen wrote:

> Can it be true that the online css validator can not accept the BOM
> that appears first in unicode encoded files?

Here is an example with BOM:
http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/dir-ltr.css

1) *Always* define an encoding (charset) for your files.
   This includes CSS files.

2) Never use a BOM with UTF-8.

3) In almost all cases, US-ASCII is sufficient for CSS files.

--
In memoriam Alan J. Flavell
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=author:Alan.J.Flavell