UTF-8 + BOM → CSS Validator bug

From: Rostislav Chebykin <rostislav@chebykin.ru>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 19:58:25 +0300
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Приветствую!

The attached CSS file is absolutely valid, though W3C CSS Validator reports an error. It gets stuck on BOM in the beginning of the file.

Don’t advise me to save my CSS without BOM, in other charset, or something like it. With BOM or without BOM, in any charset it is TOTALLY VALID and the validator MUST NOT find errors in any case.

It is an explicit validator bug and it MUST BE CORRECTED!

--
Rostislav Chebykin (rostislav@chebykin.ru)
http://www.chebykin.ru/