Css validation

From: Sandra Williams <sandra@sandrawilliams.id.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:29:01 +1100
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>

Dear Validator-css,

I am struggling to learn CSS so that I can validate the three websites I
design & maintain. I recently used the validator and it gave me quite a few
of these warnings. I'm no quite sure what to do to remedy the css. Does it
mean that in this situation I should be using class instead of id for these
particular elements?

64 h3 This property applies to block-level elements.

108 #banner This property applies to block-level elements.

This is the coding I've used for #banner.

#banner {
  text-align:center;
  background-color: #ff4500;
  margin: 0px;
}

Best regards and thank you for this excellent learning resource. I have
placed a link to the W3C site on my personal website & hope to some day be
able to have fully validated html & css on my sites.

Sandra Williams
www.sandrawilliams.id.au