Re: I/O Error: Stream closed.

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 05:24:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jon Cram <jon@webignition.net>, Preben Larsen <prelar@stofanet.dk>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Jon Cram wrote:

> I'm not sure what it means, but I'm getting the same issues myself.
>
> http://webdegn2005.dk/ - I/O Error: Stream closed
> http://webdegn2005.dk/style.css - validates fine
>
> The same happens for me:
>
> http://webignition.net/ - I/O Error: Stream closed
> http://webignition.net/css/v3.css - validates fine
>
> So it looks like the validator is working fine and just the 'take a URI and
> figure out what CSS is used there' feature is not working properly.

There was an issue with the HTML version detection, now gone with the
change of HTML4 parser. It should be ok now.
Now, all documents sent as HTML (and not XHTML) will be parsed in a far
more relaxed way, so the validator will catch less markup errors than
before, but it is not its primary goal.
Cheers,

         ~~Yves